Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-02-2019 04:46 PM

What would you say is the most rewarding part of being a pet owner or caregiver?

Bonus points if you upload a picture of you and your pet(s) in the comments below!

#General
    #questionoftheweek
    #petcaregiver
    #qotw

• 2.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-03-2019 07:41 AM

The companionship and happiness our pets bring to us.

#General

• 3.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-04-2019 03:56 AM

Happy 

#General

• 4.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-05-2019 07:34 PM

The best part is when I come home from work and they are waiting at the door with tails wagging.

#General

• 5.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-07-2019 09:07 AM

Watching the transformation! So many in substandard shelters with no comfort or attention. Noehl was in a rural facility for 87 days & multiple near misses on "the list". I had to carry him to the car and he wouldn't get out of the floorboard. Today, he is healthy, happy, well-adjusted and an exceptional companion.

#General

• 6.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-13-2019 09:04 AM

The relationship built with my pets over the years is definitely at the top of my list. Seeing how my pet's behavior has changed from each place we've lived (for the better) and how we've strengthened our connection is so rewarding.

Being able to see the transformation in my cat from being a feral "leave me alone or else" kinda cat to now talking to her in a way that she meows back and is basically talking back to me is pretty fun.

Or when my dogs know how I'm feeling and come over to take away any stress or anxiety without me saying a word... that's one of the best parts. 

#General

• 7.  RE: Question of the Week #43 - Best Part of Being a Pet Caregiver

Posted 05-30-2019 02:28 PM

My favorite part of my day is when i come home and get to train my own dogs.  As a dog trainer, we often spend so much time helping others with their dogs, we often forget to take time out of our day to train ours.  I make sure everyday that i train Gucci, my malinios and CardiB, my Staffordshire Terrier.

I really enjoy educating the public on local laws, as i am sending out a newsletter this month on our #DAS laws on rabies vaccines.  It really makes me happy. 

#General