Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Parvo Protocol

Posted 05-03-2019 10:16 AM

Does anyone have the parvo protocol from the HSUS conference? There is nothing downloadable on the Expo page and I have a parvo case, I'm trying to get the vet on board with following this protocol to TRY> Thanks in advance.

#Medicine,SurgeryandSterilization

• 2.  RE: Parvo Protocol

Posted 05-03-2019 03:27 PM

Are you talking about the outpatient treatment protocol being used in shelters? Who gave the lecture?

Sheila

• 3.  RE: Parvo Protocol

Posted 05-04-2019 03:38 AM

This was actually more in-patient with out-patient options. It was the team from KC Pet Project. I actually called and left a message at the shelter and have now been playing phone tag to try to get the information. I just cannot get this puppy to eat. No v/d, though obvious nausea and mild to moderate regurg. He's now on metoclopramide and mirtazapine in addition to Cerenia. Cefazolin IV for antibiotic. B12 daily too. IV fluids since Wednesday. We've done force feeding but the vet is very worried about aspiration. He's about 5 to 6 months and was found abandoned at a rental property, so he was already thin I'm sure before getting sick. 

• 4.  RE: Parvo Protocol

Posted 05-09-2019 05:26 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply, i missed your response. How is the pup doing?? Sometimes it takes a while for their GI system to heal so that their appetite comes back. Did you ever connect with KC Pet Project?

Sheila

• 5.  RE: Parvo Protocol

Posted 05-07-2019 11:59 AM

Does this help? ASPCAPro sent an email today with a free tool that allows you to create a customizable parvo protocol. Here's a link to that tool:  https://www.aspcapro.org/parvoprotocol/?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=parvoprotocol .

And here's a link to their Tips to Prevent and Manage Canine Parvovirus