Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Software solutions?

Posted 05-29-2018 11:27 AM

We are in the early stages of opening a foster-based rescue for doodle dogs in the Texas area.  We need a program system that will integrate wth our website and allow us to commuicate with fosters, keep track of medical per dog and maybe even store foster, volunteer and adoption applications.  I have used Basecamp with another rescue, but I'm looking for something that integrates more seamlessly and is easy for our fosters to access and use.  We are looking at Asana as a project management app, but I've just now discovered Shelterluv, and wondering if that could work as well.  It seems like it works better for shelters than rescue groups.  Any suggestions out there?

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-29-2018 04:22 PM

Have you looked at ShelterLuv?  Sounds like that could be a fit.

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 07:24 AM

There was much that I liked about shelterluv, but it seemed to work better for shelters than rescue groups.  We're still looking at it.

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 02:18 PM

It should work well with Rescues as well.  Let me see if i ca find a reference.  Another plus is that it works with Maddie's Pet Assistant

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 04:51 AM

Hey, Also check out AnimalsFirst.com.  We have a shelter and foster management system that can integrate with your site via an API, Iframe or Wordpress plugin.

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 07:23 AM

Thanks so much!  At first glance this looks really good for us.  I love that we can edit the information that we need for fosters especially (something that shelterluv did not do).  I'm not the most tech savvy of our group, but I know that we would want to have our forms interface with our website which is being built on SquareSpace.  Will that work?  

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 07:37 AM

I haven't played around with SquareSpace but should be able to use our API and/or Iframe.  PM me and we can setup a test.

#DataandTechnology

• 8.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 05-30-2018 09:58 AM

Following.  We are a small, foster-based rescue looking to transition to actual software.

#DataandTechnology

• 9.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 01-02-2019 07:11 AM

Any updates on this? Looking for software options for a very small, foster-only rescue group with very limited budget.

#DataandTechnology

• 10.  RE: Software solutions?

Posted 01-03-2019 11:41 AM

Hi Court N Critters! i'm not sure if this would at all inform your decision, but the following softwares integrate with Maddie's Pet Assistant currently: Animal Shelter ManagerPetPointShelterluv, and Shelter Buddy. These hyperlinks should bring you to their main contact pages.

#DataandTechnology