Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Adoption Packet

Posted 09-06-2020 12:04 PM

I'm working on a new adoption packet for the Perry County Humane Society (located in DuQuoin, IL -- way downstate) and rather than reinventing the wheel, I was hoping to find individual sheets that each address a different aspect of pet ownership. Many of the adoption packets I've seen are long and so text-heavy that I can't imagine anyone reading them.

So what I'm imagining is something along the lines of this: https://chalicepress.com/products/you-are-series-handouts-downloadable-pdf (which is obviously not rescue-related!), where each handout is a different topic -- Introducing Pets, Feeding, Behavioral Tips, Housebreaking, Etc. With each page a different color, it would be easy for new owners to find the information they need/want.

(I would also include information specific to our shelter.)

Does this exist or do I need to create it? :) Thank you!

#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms

• 2.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-07-2020 06:17 AM

We used to have an adoption packet that was quite thick with handouts, but we found that most people don't read the information. We felt it was a waste of time and paper to assemble the packets, so we put links to important pet ownership/care information on the adoption portion of our website. Some of the links are directed to info on other sites (ASPCA Pro, Fear Free Happy Homes, etc.), while others go to info on our own site. We do include a list of those links in our packet.

• 3.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-15-2020 03:56 PM
    Thank you! So many of the ones I saw online were sooo long and I thought, I don't even want to read these! Would you be willing to share the info you give people?

------------------------------
    Katie Phillips
    Humane Society of Southern Illinois

• 4.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-07-2020 10:10 AM
      |   view attached

For whatever reason, I cannot find the link where I found this.  Cat Town created this with a grant from Maddie's and in conjunction with SF ASPCA.  I use different colored paper for each section in rainbow order so it is easy for other volunteers to assemble in our packets.  If anyone can find the link, if you could please share it, that would be awesome!!!  

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-15-2020 03:57 PM
    Yes! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I'll do a little digging and see if I can find where they were originally posted. Really appreciate your help!

Katie Phillips

• 6.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-15-2020 06:49 PM
    I found the link!!!!!   >^..^<

https://www.maddiesfund.org/assets/documents/Institute/Cat%20Town%20-%20Adoption%20handouts.pdf

Quenby A. Broitzman

• 7.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-23-2020 10:41 AM
    Thank you! I've contacted the SFSPCA to see if they have pages for dogs, too. If they do, I'll post them here. Appreciate your help!

Katie Phillips

• 8.  RE: Adoption Packet

Posted 09-16-2020 09:33 AM
    Found it!!!  :)

Thank you!
    Quenby A. Broitzman
    Quenby A. Broitzman    >^..^<
    Padmé the Therapy Cat's Mom & Handler
    QT Foster Kittens for Naples Cat Alliance Feline Foster Mom