Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Flower Essences Remedies

Posted 11-19-2019 07:41 AM

In a different thread, Flower Essences Remedies by Blackwing Farms was mentioned as an aid in kennel stress and behavior.  Does anyone else have first hand experience with this company and products, either in the shelter or at home?  I'm looking for something to help transition some anxious dogs or dogs with separation anxiety into their new homes.  I'm hoping it can be given short term and with training, enrichment and time, the dog can live without it.  But, it would be helpful to have something to give them while they adjust.

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 2.  RE: Flower Essences Remedies

Posted 11-19-2019 10:37 AM

One of the trainers at one of the places I worked swore by it. I myself saw a vast improvement in a former street dog that was saved and brought there. When she was given it she was a calm , well mannered dog . The days she didnt she would cause chaos in playgroup. The kind she used was from green hope farms. 

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 3.  RE: Flower Essences Remedies

Posted 11-20-2019 09:58 AM

We used to use it for the cats in our shelter. I think it took the edge off, and would like to see us restock. I didn't make any observations of specific cats though.

#PetBehaviorandTraining