Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Changing large-scale vaccination clinics post COVID

Posted 04-17-2020 02:10 PM

Hi all, My name is Melissa and I am from Albuquerque, NM.  I have  a few questions about large-scale vaccination & microchip clinics I'm hoping you may be able to help me with. Historically, my organization offers 5-7 Pet Health Fairs per year in different zip codes across the city.  We offer Rabies, Da2pp, HCP & microchips for to cats & dogs. Attendees pay a flat $5-$10 per pet and have access to any of the vaccinations their pet needs. We do not income qualify, do not verify address and do not limit the number of pets per household. We typically serve about 200 pets at each clinic. Since COVID, we have had to cancel our three Spring Pet Health Fairs. Our next event is in July and I'm crossing my fingers it can take place.  Regardless, I think there will have to be changes made. So, my questions are: 

Has anyone had success with Drive-Thru clinics? If so, can you provide any tips or resources?

Has anyone had success with appointment-based shot clinics? How long are appointment times (10-15 minutes?) and what site do you use for sign ups?

If anyone else has any advice or ideas, I'm all ears. Thank you so much!

Melissa

#OrganizationalManagement

• 2.  RE: Changing large-scale vaccination clinics post COVID

Posted 04-18-2020 06:00 AM

Following and great topic, one that may come up during the panels I am holding talking about s/n, www.communitycatspodcast.com

#OrganizationalManagement