Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Pet help to Reduce Anxiety and Stress?

Posted 06-24-2019 05:09 AM

Can a pet help to reduce anxiety and stress?

#General
    #pet
    #anxiety
    #emotionalsupportanimal
    #stress
    #esa

• 2.  RE: Pet help to Reduce Anxiety and Stress?

Posted 06-24-2019 10:25 AM

Absolutely! But it needs to be the right pet.  And I have no formula to pass on.  It is just a matter of introducing a pet to a person and see if there is a click that happens.  My example is about a little mean Chi X.  She came in as a stray to our Municipal.  Just an incite:  Shelter staff at Animal controls tend to favor the Mean little dogs, the injured, the severely matted and ancient.  This one hit all the marks.  she liked just one of the Shelter supervisors and maybe two of the staff.  On Introduction to two potential adopters, well, she tried to eat them.  Then we had an elder gentleman come in.  He was walking slowly with a cane.  He came in just to see our Mean, old, now groomed, Little dog.  We watched as she came in, they looked at each other and that was it.  The little dog put her paw up on his leg and asked to be picked up.  Next thing we know she is curled up and half asleep on his lap.  You just never know

#General

• 3.  RE: Pet help to Reduce Anxiety and Stress?

Posted 06-24-2019 11:56 AM

I have just finished paying a TINY bill that could ONLY be paid on line and I am ready to throw the laptop in the garbage I'm so frustrated! But my kitty, Fleur Marie, who will be 17 tomorrow, is sitting right here inviting kisses on the head. This is SUCH a help!

#General

• 4.  RE: Pet help to Reduce Anxiety and Stress?

Posted 07-01-2019 05:15 AM

Should i get one for myself. I am really confused. I dont know i cant make up my mind. I went to a shelter. I really liked that terrier but it is just too big a decision i couldn't come in terms with it. Kindly help should i just go and get one.

#General

• 5.  RE: Pet help to Reduce Anxiety and Stress?

Posted 10-07-2019 12:30 AM

Hello.

It has been proven that a pet can have a positive emotional effect on the owner. And this is actually so. Those who have a cat or dog know that combing their hair, stroking and playing are fun and soothe the emotional state of not only the animal, but also the owner. Some people have a strong dependence on their pet. Therapists evaluate a person’s dependence on an animal and can write an ESA letter. Emotional support animal is most often a pet that provides emotional support to its owner. Essentially, when a doctor writes an ESA letter, your pet becomes your ESA.

You can contact your doctor to write you a paper or get ESA letter online.

#General