Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Poor smell...

Posted 03-11-2020 06:39 AM

I have a problem with strong smell at home... I own a dog

So I have 2 questions:

1) Why the smell (really bad) may appear? Maybe it's something about the changes in my dog's organism? Or something like that? If yes, then what should I do?

2) Please, recommend me some air purifiers for pets. I found a jonsguide review on them, I include the link to my post, but I still need an advice from a person who uses it.

Thank you!

#General

• 2.  RE: Poor smell...

Posted 03-11-2020 07:51 AM

Your pup might need its anal glands expressed - it is a really unpleasant kind of fishy smell. 

#General

• 3.  RE: Poor smell...

Posted 03-16-2020 03:12 PM

What kind of odor? Is it yeasty, "fishy", urine-like? Is it coming from the mouth, skin, under the tail, feet, etc....First thing is to go to the veterinarian-please-if you have not done so already. There can be many reasons for an odor-let your vet rule out some of the more serious ones. He/She would likely have some suggestions either way (for the serious and not so serious causes). I would also not get any deodorizers etc. until your vet gives the go ahead-the scent may help you know if things are escalating during treatment or if it is not working, and a change in meds, etc need to be considered. Hopefully, this is a simple issue but I would call your veterinarian to set up an appointment, as soon as possible. 

Thank you for caring and working towards an answer!

Sarah, AdoptPetsLocally.com 

#General