Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Access to Veterinary Care Symposium

Posted 04-01-2019 07:26 AM

The 2019 Access to Veterinary Care Symposium brings together more than 150 veterinary and social service professionals and animal welfare organizations across the nation to discuss the results of the national population study, Access to Veterinary Care: Barriers, Current Practices, and Public Policy

Breakout groups will work on: 1) Social Service: How to engage and facilitate the family support activities of social service agencies and professionals, 2) Incremental Care: Defining incremental care as a tiered therapeutic approach to case management by veterinary professionals, and 3) AlignCare™ Fund: Mobilizing communities to support struggling families needing assistance with veterinary care. 

Attendees will gain knowledge and an understanding of lack of access to veterinary care, and AlignCare™ as a viable solution. Many will be able to go back to their community and implement ideas learned at the Symposium. 

I can't remember where I buried this image. Sorry for the inconvenience!

#Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars

• 2.  RE: Access to Veterinary Care Symposium

Posted 06-10-2019 10:17 AM

I'll be there! I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you for this opportunity. I'm the founder/director of a nonprofit organization (Beyond Breed) whose focus is on pet owner support and retention. I'm also a graduate student pursuing masters degrees in social work and public health (gerontology concentration), so this conference is very important to me.

#Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars