Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Stray Cat

Posted 08-13-2018 11:48 AM

Hello! New to this Community,I have a stray calico female cat living outside by my door in a shrub I have 2 indoor cats that were both abandoned in my previous home,I have been feeding her but was told by management if i continue to feed the cat i will have to pay 300 deposit,I have sent emails to a few animal rescue but no response yet can anyone please advise me as to what todo i cant bare not feeding the poor cat,but I am a disabled senior on a budget,any help or advice appreciated by the way she is sooooo friendly and just wants to be loved and petted.including a few pictures of her

#General

• 2.  RE: Stray Cat

Posted 08-15-2018 03:59 AM

I'd continue emailing but also start calling the rescues till you get a response. 

#General

• 3.  RE: Stray Cat

Posted 08-15-2018 09:30 PM

This is so so sad. What state do you live in? I would keep feeding her. I am not sure they can enforce making you pay a deposit to feed an outside cat. Rescue groups are usually just people like you. They have a big heart and have taken steps. Can you bring her in and then try and find her a home? Thank you for caring. 

#General

• 4.  RE: Stray Cat

Posted 08-16-2018 09:19 AM

Where are you located? Perhaps we can connect you with a local rescue group.

#General

• 5.  RE: Stray Cat

Posted 08-16-2018 11:25 AM

Update on the stray calico cat my manager never got back to me but kelly from JJ and Maggie\s cat rescue org contacted me and not only did she come out to help with the Calico Kitty who she also noticed is pregnant but another really thin stray,who i had not seen in a week It was his Lucky day .I not only owe this site in helping but Kelly who come from another county ,a HUGE Thank you To everyone involved in helping this 2 Cat's.

#General

• 6.  RE: Stray Cat

Posted 08-16-2018 03:10 PM

That's wonderful news, MaryAnn! Thanks for giving an update on the Calico kitty and for acting as her advocate. Your persistence in finding help for this kitty is exactly what she (and her other little friend) needed. 

And thank you to Kelly from JJ & Maggie's Cat Rescue for answering MaryAnn's call for help and helping these two kitties!

#General