Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Volunteer Management System

Posted 05-22-2018 12:23 PM

What Volunteer Management systems does everyone use?  We are moving into a new shelter and I am looking for a couple of examples to further explore.  In particular I am looking for systems with good scheduling programs that can be flexible with day to day tasks for volunteers that are both on scheduled shifts and volunteers that aren't scheduled.

#PeopleManagement

• 2.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 05-23-2018 01:43 AM

We have not chosen one yet. We are brand new. We heard a lot of good things about Volgistics at one of the sessions at Expo. There was another one that was mentioned. I will check my notes for the name.

#PeopleManagement

• 3.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 05-23-2018 04:43 AM

Volgisticts seems to be working great at Mostly Mutts Animal Rescue in Kennesaw, GA.  It sends out schedule reminders and is easy to use for the volunteers.

#PeopleManagement

• 4.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 06-01-2018 01:58 PM

Another vote for Volgistics - we use this at ARF in California.

#PeopleManagement

• 5.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 11-15-2018 02:04 PM

I set up Volgistics when we began using a database to track our volunteers at Mostly Mutts three years ago. Volgistics has many limitations, and I've really had to tweak it to get some of the info we need out of it. They have a very small staff and don't update or add features often. One of the main draws for us initially was the lack of setup fee. As far as the ongoing cost, our monthly fee is comparable to other databases out there. I'm a member of a google group for volunteer leaders and many have researched alternatives. The majority seem to really like Better Impact. It doesn't have a setup fee but you pay annually vs. monthly which holds some back from making the switch.

#PeopleManagement

• 6.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 11-13-2018 11:59 AM

I'm interested in hearing about other options as well. Tiffany, did you find anything? 

We currently use Volgistics. It's ok - and may be the best option, but it's the only software I've used and I'd like to look at other programs available. It may be how we use it, but I feel as though some aspects are more cumbersome than need be, and the reporting function is less than ideal. 

#PeopleManagement

• 7.  RE: Volunteer Management System

Posted 11-14-2018 08:24 AM

We ended up going with Volgistics.  We haven't officially moved to our new shelter yet, so we haven't dived completely in, but it seemed to be the best software out there for what we were looking for.

#PeopleManagement