Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Jon Cicirelli

Jon Cicirelli05-08-2018 09:08 AM

• 1.  New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-07-2018 08:23 PM

We're putting together some new shelter capacity calculators and would love your feedback.

You can find them here: https://www.targetzeropro.org/capacitycalculators

The goal for these calculators is to offer people a ballpark estimate regarding the number of animals they can house and care for. They have some notable limitations, which are outlined on the site.

Feel free to check them out, and let me know if you have any feedback (good, bad or in between

Thanks so much!

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 09:08 AM

Intersting!  Thanks

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:21 PM

Thanks John .Happy to answer any questions, and would love any feedback. Thanks again!

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:09 PM

@KristenAuerbach have you seen this? Can someone at Pima check this out and provide feedback?

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:14 PM

Hey Mike,

Thanks for sharing this. Do you have plans for developing one that includes basic enrichment such as walks or playgroup?   Getting dogs out of the kennel for social interactions really should be  part of an absolute minimum.  I understand that you expressed the limitations, but it always bothers me that feeding and cleaning is considered 'enough' to maintain a healthy dog.  Because if the goal is adoption, it's not enough to maintain mental health of many pets.   One of my pet peeves   Thoughts?

I'd also love to see a calculator that takes foster care into consideration ... but that will be my next pet peeve after the mental health consideration is resolved

Sheila

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:20 PM

Yes! Would love to add all those important components. Maybe we can collaborate on it and if anyone has some good data to incorporate, that would be great!

Thanks so much for looking.

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:26 PM

Would love to help out on it... might be good to have two or three different tiers of enrichment depending on what if any type of behavior program they have... but that is getting super complicated.

So nice that this is so easy to use!

Sheila

#DataandTechnology

• 8.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-08-2018 12:35 PM

Cool!

Yeah, I dig the "tiered enrichment" idea. Very cool. Let's connect on this for sure. Maybe at expo...😉

#DataandTechnology

• 9.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-14-2018 08:27 AM

Very interesting.  Do you want me to share this in my networks?

#DataandTechnology

• 10.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-15-2018 05:26 AM

Thanks for checking them out, Stacy. Sure! Definitely feel free to share them. Would love to get input from additional people to gauge what sorts of additional/alternate functions would be truly useful. Thanks again!

#DataandTechnology

• 11.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-16-2018 11:12 AM

Great will do!  Thanks, Stacy

#DataandTechnology

• 12.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-15-2018 01:46 PM

Cool, Mike! This gave us the same number of housing units we ended up with from the UC Davis calculator for adult cats. Of course, that one was based on adoptions, not intake. But we still ended up with he same number of housing units. 

#DataandTechnology

• 13.  RE: New capacity calculators...let us know what you think!

Posted 05-17-2018 05:20 AM

Hi Karen!

Thank you for checking them out! And that's great to know that their estimates seem to agree with the other calculators out there. Thanks for sharing!

#DataandTechnology