Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Access to inexpensive FVRCP (NOT Zoetis)

Posted 07-01-2019 01:34 PM

We are a small 501(c)3 cat and kitten, foster based rescue.  Our funding is extremely limited and we're really struggling to find affordable FVRCP vaccines.  Zoetis has a great program, but their rules don't take into account that a foster based rescue doesn't have a clinic and that addresses can be in multiple states in the Kansas City area and merely be across the street from one another.  So they are out.

Are there other rescue programs out there for 501(c)3 rescues with comparable prices?  Are there retailers or wholesalers that others are using?  Zoetis is $42/tray.  We really need to be at $50 or less.

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks!

Michelle DePrima, DivaPets Rescue, 

#Medicine,SurgeryandSterilization

• 2.  RE: Access to inexpensive FVRCP (NOT Zoetis)

Posted 07-01-2019 02:18 PM

Hi Michelle!

I am the Office & HR Administrator at our rescue located in Lemoore, CA. We actually work with Zoetis through their Shelter Program. Have you reached out to Zoetis for additional information? I believe that you do not need a Veterinarian on staff, but a Veterinarian who is willing to sign onto the Zoeits Account. 

We utilized our local Banfield Pet Hospital and they graciously agreed to sign onto our Zoetis Account. I would assume you would want vaccinations to be delivered to the Executive Director's house. Otherwise, you could always reach out to Merck Shelter Programs or check "Dog Vaccine 4 Less" because we used to purchase through them before we switched to Zoetis.

Hopefully, this helps. Have a wonderful day!

• 3.  RE: Access to inexpensive FVRCP (NOT Zoetis)

Posted 07-04-2019 01:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes, we've tried to work it out with Zoetis multiple times and they have delivery restrictions that no one else has.

• 4.  RE: Access to inexpensive FVRCP (NOT Zoetis)

Posted 07-04-2019 01:50 PM

Would you be able to expand on that? What restrictions are you experiencing?

You can also look into Merck's Shelter Program as well

• 5.  RE: Access to inexpensive FVRCP (NOT Zoetis)

Posted 07-01-2019 02:26 PM

My foster-based rescue works with Zoetis too -- we don't have a vet on staff.  Instead, we have our vet that we have a contract with as the shipping address.  Zoetis was more than happy to make this accommodation for us, and I'm sure they'd do the same for other rescues as well.  As long as you have a vet that you work with that monitors what you're doing, it shouldn't be an issue.