Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  SCAM ALERT

Posted 06-23-2019 09:42 PM

I read a post through Maddie’s pet forum saying she was giving away 2 yorkies. I reached out to her and told her I would adopt one and find a home for the other. I told her to take them to the animal services in town so I can do everything legally and she declined. She wanted the names, address and phone numbers of everyone in my house, plus 400 dollars to ship puppies from out of town directly to my house. When I asked her what agency she would be using to ship them, she stated she didn’t know yet, saying that I needed to pay the shipping first. I asked her how she knew the cost of the shipping without even knowing what agency she would be using. Knowing it was a scam, I again stated it would be better if they would bring the puppies to the animal services here so I could adopt them and she stated that why would I want to complicate things when they can be delivered right to my house. Finally I just said that the whole situation was complicated and that I would not be adopting the puppies (if there were even any puppies to begin with). Had to share this. I wouldn’t want someone to really be scammed. God bless.

#General

• 2.  RE: SCAM ALERT

Posted 06-24-2019 04:19 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I sent a message to our Community Manager (she's tagged below as well).

@Charlotte at Maddie's Fund 

#General

• 3.  RE: SCAM ALERT

Posted 06-24-2019 09:42 AM

Thank you for notifying us @Kelly Duer and @Ruby. We have removed the post and addressed the issue with the user in question. Apologies for any frustration but we're glad you noticed the red flags and let us know. We appreciate your help and support!

#General

• 4.  RE: SCAM ALERT

Posted 08-07-2019 02:49 PM

It's absolutely a scam , lots of them going on unfortunately and some people do fall for it

#General