Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Tech

Posted 05-12-2019 07:21 PM

Hi, all!

I'm designing a system to interact with shelters and then transport pets from shelters they're not likely to be adopted (often kill shelters) to places they're more likely to be adopted. I'd like to integrate information from shelter management software into this process, but know it will be a heavy burden. I was thinking of approaching the shelter management software providers, but don't have any contacts there yet. Any thoughts?

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Tech

Posted 05-13-2019 12:42 PM

I would add pregnant dogs. We have gone to spay dogs to be told they are two weeks away from delivering and cannot bring ourselves to abort that late. Also there are many health issues (skin, tumors, diabetes or other chronic conditions that will require life long care) so maybe a general medical line with a blank to fill in conditions they will not take.

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Tech

Posted 05-13-2019 01:01 PM

• 4.  RE: Tech

Posted 05-13-2019 01:08 PM

@msuttles I'd definitely connect with Doobert (Chris Roy)  - he's here on the forum - and other existing technology platforms assisting in transport before taking on the development of a new tool... lots of new niche technologies in the sheltering/rescue market .  https://www.doobert.com/

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Tech

Posted 05-13-2019 06:26 PM

Thanks. I'm actually partnering with Chris for my nonprofit!

#DataandTechnology