Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 07:49 AM

Are any shelters/rescues/SPCAs familiar with Ogena Solutions and their available products? We currently rotate ResQ(Accel) and KennelSol through our own power washing machines and I was recently forwarded some information on Ogena. They offer "mixing stations", foaming kits, and pet cleaning products.

Curious if anyone has first-hand feedback? Particularly related to the cleanliness/smell compared to ResQ or KennelSol. I've heard it can leave potentially slippery residue if not thoroughly washed off, any feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

#OrganizationalManagement

• 2.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 08:01 AM

Rescue (Accel) is the product made by Ogena Solutions. They have mixing stations for properly diluting the product and foamers that are to be used with the product for spray bottles and hoses.

• 3.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 08:19 AM

Ah! Thank you! That helps me a lot, I'll stick to researching the cleaning products themselves rather than the agent used to disinfect. 

• 4.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 08:06 AM

We have used Rescue for a few years now and have been happy with the product.  It can leave a slippery residue when you first use the product but it does go away overtime.  The slippery residue is caused by the build up of other chemicals and the rescue will work at breaking down those layers.  Even though they say you do not have to spray the product we use water and will rinse as part of our cleaning protocol.  Rescue is extremely corrosive so be cautious using it through your cleaning machines.  If you are not properly flushing it out of the hose and the machine every time you use it, your parts will start to break down.  

• 5.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 08:16 AM

We've been using Accel/ResQ for years and are very happy with it. It is far less corrosive than bleach, trifectant etc. It is a very effective product against a wide array of pathogens.  Kennel Sol is a Quaternary Ammonia product which is not effective against some common pathogens like parvo, panleuk, calici and ringworm, which we see quite a bit of in the South.

It is important to dilute the product correctly (as with any cleaning product) so we use the mixing station and the foaming pumps. They work great for us. We often get comments about how clean our facility is.

I've used other products, but ResQ is my favorite by a long shot.

• 6.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-06-2018 09:37 AM

Excellent! So in your experience, the foaming pumps are beneficial? I guess more importantly, they don't require too much maintenance outside of the normal wear and tear? We currently utilize 1 and 2 gallon pump sprayers, but we're looking to upgrade equipment in the not-too-distant future. 

• 7.  RE: Ogena Solutions, kennel cleaning products

Posted 08-08-2018 11:38 AM

We use Rescue/Accel as our only cleaning agent.  We use Hydrofoamers brand, which are hose-end foamers that have metering tips to regulate the concentration.  They are pricey, but they are also very sturdy and long-lasting, and take a lot of use/abuse.  We use usindustrialsuppy.com to buy ours, but they are available from many places, and you can buy replacement parts, which makes it even more affordable.  We have a mixing station, but currently don't need to use it since we have the foamers.  We use spray bottles and they are easy enough to mix up without the mixing station.