Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Text-To-Donate

Posted 02-20-2019 11:10 AM

Hi! 

Have any organizations used Text-to-Donate ? If so, please share what service you use & your experience with it so far.

Thank you for any information you are able to share, it's greatly appreciated.

#FundraisingandDevelopment

• 2.  RE: Text-To-Donate

Posted 02-21-2019 08:10 AM

Would love to know what people are using too. It seems like it would be a great idea! 

• 3.  RE: Text-To-Donate

Posted 08-14-2019 07:43 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I know this is waaay late in replying to your original post, but I think it's still relevant.

We have used text-to-give, but it's not something we are focused on. We've never seen text-to-give take off as a viable option for ongoing fundraising. I think a lot of nonprofits have experience this, too. Text-to-give is much more effective for emergency response, such as natural disaster relief.

That said, text instead could be useful as an engagement tool. Send the user/donor info about upcoming events (or follow up with a link to pictures from an event), that you sent out the latest enewsletter, their sustaining payment went through. Just little updates and/or reminders to keep them aware of and engaged with the org.

Hope that helps a bit.