Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Shelter Management Software

Posted 05-01-2018 02:28 PM

I have searched the threads in Technology and if this question has been extensively discussed, I can't find it.  We are currently using Shelter Pro and find it very difficult to navigate, not intuitive, and certainly not easy to produce reports.  What software are you currently using? What are the pros and cons?  I would love if you can answer here in the forum.  Alot of the threads I found said "PM me for details", but it seems like there would be benefit to it being here in the public view.  If there is a thread that already answers this, please direct me to the appropriate tab.  I'm new to the forum and maybe I just don't know where to look.  Thank you in advance.

#software
    #DataandTechnology
    #onlineapplicationfee
    #onlineadoptions

• 2.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 05-02-2018 04:51 PM

Hi WCAC,

How big is your org? Are you rescue or do you have a physical shelter? What features are most important to you in software.   When we had a foster based adoption program, I used Shelterluv and really like it.  but can comment more depending on what you want/need and are looking for.

Sheila

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 05-07-2018 10:01 AM

We are a county facility, open intake with around 4000 animals annually.  We do need an enforcement function in the software so ShelterLuv might not be the one for us.  I understand they may be adding an enforcement piece but it's not there yet.  

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 05-09-2018 09:26 AM

Have you checked out Animal Shelter Manager?  It works very well for us. We take in over 2,200 per year. 

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 02-03-2019 10:06 AM

Hi WCAC - What software did you end up going with? We are in the same situation. 

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 02-27-2024 07:22 PM

Following up on this thread, 5 year later, what's everyone using that they like in terms of shelter management? The city we work with is using Excel and paper filing so we need digitize things, Shelterluv is a bit cumbersome. Any other suggestions? Not super high volume but does need to be easy enough to get the shelter staff onboard. 

------------------------------
    Rachel Watsky
    VP
    Feral Freedom, Northern California

• 7.  RE: Shelter Management Software

Posted 02-28-2024 09:07 AM

There used to be a comparison chart somewhere... sound familiar to anyone?

Amy Woodman