Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Grants for Transport Vans

Posted 02-27-2019 10:13 AM

Our group desperately needs a transport vehicle.  Does anyone have an example of a budgeting plan for a transport vehicle than I can use for format ideas?  I am writing a grant for a vehicle, and am not sure what costs to include.  Thanks in advance!

#TransfersandTransport

• 2.  RE: Grants for Transport Vans

Posted 03-05-2019 10:57 AM

Just a few thoughts...

Be sure to structure the request to match the grant description. For example, does the grant fund the vehicle only or will it provide for insurance, maintenance, fuel, customizing with your org's logo, etc? Be as specific as possible on each. Include whether the vehicle will be new, used, dealer stock, ordered to specifications; if maintenance included, estimate mileage (specify monthly, yearly or whatever), what maintenance items are projected (how many oil changes at what cost, tires, battery...); if insurance and org logo are included, be sure to get current estimates. It's probably a good idea to include how many & who the authorized drivers will be, too. 

Even if the grant covers vehicle only, include other costs and how they will be funded. I'm new to this myself but consistently see that grantors want to know how the program they are funding will continue after their contribution is depleted. 

If this is for a new program, be sure to explain how it will benefit your cause. If it's a replacement, explain why "new" vehicle is more cost effective than repairing old. 

Depending on above, you might present the budget in two components...vehicle only & cost to operate.

Good luck! <3 

#TransfersandTransport

• 3.  RE: Grants for Transport Vans

Posted 03-11-2019 03:55 AM

Thanks so much for your feedback!

#TransfersandTransport