Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Software

Posted 05-20-2018 02:33 PM

Hi! I run a cat rescue and are only two years old. I need suggestions on the best programs to us for our finances and the best program to use to keep track of our cats.

please let us know the pros and cons and how much it costs.

#DataandTechnology

• 2.  RE: Software

Posted 05-20-2018 04:41 PM

Hey, I am with AnimalsFirst.com.  We develop shelter management software for keeping track of animals in shelters.  Check up out and let me know if we fit your needs.

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Software

Posted 05-22-2018 06:37 AM

We've been using a Microsoft Access database for years. I'd love to go to a cloud-based system, but internet is really spotty where we are and we need to be able to access our data, so it's just not feasible for us. The cost is whatever Microsoft Office costs, but much of the time it comes bundled with a new computer/OS. The only think that might be an obstacle is you'll need someone who knows or is able to learn Access, since it can be a little complicated for first-time users. 

We also use RescueGroups.org (which is free) to list our pets online, and it acts as a sort of secondary database for us, as it allows you to store a lot of information that isn't publicly viewable but is valuable to the organization.

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: Software

Posted 05-22-2018 01:11 PM

You can find non-profit pricing on quickbooks and I'm fairly certain you can begin a partnership with petpoint. I would look into both. 

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: Software

Posted 05-23-2018 04:25 AM

At Austin Pets Alive! we use ShelterLuv to track our animals and fosters. I'm with the Dog Foster program so can't speak for the Cat program specifically but I find the system to be very user friendly and they have been very open to making the changes we suggest

#DataandTechnology

• 6.  RE: Software

Posted 05-23-2018 06:19 AM

Hello. Killeen Pets Alive! uses Petstablished and so does our local cat rescue, Spark of Life. I find it very user friendly. If you use their microchips, the program is free. It also links to Petfinder and Adoptapet. Their customer service is great as well. Very engaging and helpful. You can test it out with a free trial just to see if it would work for your needs.

#DataandTechnology

• 7.  RE: Software

Posted 05-30-2018 04:54 AM

Hey, feel free to check out AnimalsFirst.  We develop shelter management software and may be a good fit for you and your cats.

#DataandTechnology