Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-07-2018 09:09 AM

Hello,

Has anyone had any positive (or negative!) experiences using CBD oil for their dogs?

Did you use it for pain or anxiety, or both?

Did you use treats made or dogs, or just give them the oil?

Thanks!

#pain
    #PetHealthandNutrition
    #anxiety
    #cbd

• 2.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-07-2018 09:36 AM

I haven't used CBD oil but I did try the Canna-Pet CBD treats for one of my senior dogs in the past. They seemed to help with her  severe arthritis and joint issues. I wouldn't say it was a groundbreaking difference but she seemed to move around a little easier and actually had a few short play sessions during the day which she didn't have before I started giving her the treats. 

I don't have any senior dogs right now but I would definitely try it (or the CBD oil) again if/when my dogs have pain. 

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-13-2018 06:53 PM

@Ben Swan did you use CBD oil with your dog? I feel like I remember reading a post on FB about it. I was thinking of using it with one of my fosters.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 4.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-13-2018 08:33 PM

Yes. I used it quite a bit to help transition my dogs to Arizona. You have to keep with it and realize that you won’t start seeing the effects for several weeks. One of my dogs was suffering from panic attacks and it seemed to help. I don’t use it anymore but probably will in the future. Our Behaviorist swears by it. 

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 5.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-13-2018 09:45 PM

Where did you get it from? Was it dog treats or just the oil?

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 6.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-14-2018 09:52 AM

You can get it online ... just be aware there are different concentrations and use it accordingly. The oil is easy to use, you just put it in their kibbles.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 7.  RE: CBD Oil for Dogs

Posted 09-14-2018 11:07 AM

I have been researching CBD for my cat who has oral cancer.  Boulder Holistic Vet seems to have a lot of good information about it.  I use it for my elderly mother who suffers with arthritis pain and dementia and we think it helps, but getting the right dose can be tough. 

Here is a link to a show I did a while ago with Steve Smith of Pet Releaf. 

https://www.communitycatspodcast.com/episode-137-steve-smith/

I would be interested to hear from others on this topic. 

#PetHealthandNutrition