Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Need Transport for dogs

Posted 03-08-2019 05:13 PM

Need transport from Central Texas to Pennsylvania for 4 medium to large dogs.  Have some funds, and can help with medical certificates/ crates and transport costs if we have an organization of someone willing to transport.

Dogs coming from a small city animal control to a no-kill shelter and foster homes. 

Contact me and we'll talk. 

Also have four dogs independently rescued from a death row situation boarding at a local vet.  If we have a group or shelter willing to take them in we can work on their transport as well.  These rescues were a collaboration of two  local groups and some concerned individuals and will be fully vetted.  Can adopt out if folks are interested or help with transport costs.   

#TransfersandTransport
    #Transportdogs

• 2.  RE: Need Transport for dogs

Posted 03-11-2019 10:28 AM

Have you tried Doobert.com? I'm not in that area but I think TX>PA is a fairly popular route. There is a map on the website. You can make your own transport or coordinate with one already set up if they have space. Good luck! <3

#TransfersandTransport

• 3.  RE: Need Transport for dogs

Posted 03-12-2019 08:52 PM

Thanks!  We have located transport from Shelter A Mutt, Inc.!  Will check out Doobert.com when I get a minute. 

I have some other rescued or needing to be rescued dogs that we can work to fund transport for if we find a receiving shelter/rescue willing to take them in.   

1 Spayed female yellow lab mix, 2-3 years, 40-45lbs, very friendly, Heartworm negative (Sunshine)

1 Spayed female brindle pit mix, 2-3 years, 45-50lbs, shy, but friendly, Heartworm negative (Stella)

1 Spayed female Black Lab mix 50-55lbs, 2-3 years,  friendly and sweet,  Heartworm positive (will need to stay on Heartguard or similar)  (Sparkles)

1 unneutered (working on this) male Aussie Mix, black/brown, 2-3 years, 35-40lbs, Heartworm positive (will need to stay on Heartguard or similar)  (Max).  

1 unspayed female pit mix, 4 year, 45-50 lbs, sweet temperament, no signs of aggression, seized in an animal cruelty case, heartworm negative (Justice)

1 unneutered male Husky mix, Tan/black, blue eyes, even tempered, good with other dogs and good on a leash, heartworm status not known.   (Samson)

Can send pictures by email for any of these dogs

Contact me if interested. 

#TransfersandTransport

• 4.  RE: Need Transport for dogs

Posted 03-18-2019 09:21 PM

Justice and Sunshine have both been adopted. 

#TransfersandTransport

• 5.  RE: Need Transport for dogs

Posted 05-09-2019 03:53 AM

It can be a great idea to house your pet at a pet hotel or a friend's house while moving and packing. If this is not probable, then set up a special space for your pet in a calm area of your house that has all of their water, food, and toys. This will aid to keep them from escaping and from getting harm by falling in disassembled furniture or boxes and will help them to easily travel in pet airways.

#TransfersandTransport