Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Mega Adoption Event Mentoring Program

Posted 02-14-2018 09:49 AM

FCNMHP is working with PETCO Foundation to help other communities host Mega adoption events like we do in Jacksonville.  If you think anybody you work with would be interested please pass this on to them.  Let me know if you have any questions or advice.  If you get a chance to check out the website I would love to her your thoughts.  You have to register to see most of the content, and I am not sure if that is clear from the site? 

www.MegaMentoring.org

Let me know if we can help and please feel free to pass this info on to others.

Rick

First Coast No More Homeless Pets (FCNMHP) and the Petco Foundation are proud to partner to support animal welfare organizations across America by introducing a dynamic new tool to their overall mix of programs to help create lifesaving communities – Mega Adoption Events. The National Mega Mentoring Initiative (NMMI), powered by the Petco Foundation, is now available to animal welfare organizations of all types across the nation.

The NMMI is focused on helping you increase the number of live releases from your facility, or in your community. This is one more vital step in helping all of us reach our collective goal of ending homelessness for dogs and cats. The first Mega Adoption events in Jacksonville were the vision of FCNMHP and it didn’t take long to realize that these events could be held anywhere that there are pets in need of homes.  After more than a dozen events we can proudly say more than 10,000 dogs and cats have found homes, rural shelters have been able to retain high live release rates and four area counties have achieved 90%+ live release rates for the last several years.

With the experience of helping organizations in Indianapolis and Philadelphia stage their own Mega Adoption events we realized we had the ability to help make Mega Adoption events happen all around the country and not just in our community. Mega Adoption Events are among the nation’s largest single location adoption events and generally find homes for between 600 and 1,100 pets.  These collaborative community events introduce an easy and welcoming open adoption process to new segments of the population.

Now, with the generous support of the Petco Foundation we are pleased to share our experiences, key learnings and best practices in a series of multi-media training programs. We are committed to sharing an outline of the Mega Adoption Event with general tips and guidelines to participating organizations. This in depth mentoring program will include example-based webinars, group conference calls and one-on-one mentoring by subject matter experts thanks to the vision and support of the Petco Foundation.

Your first step is reviewing the public information pages at megamentoring.org. Once you have gained a good sense of the event you can register and enter the insiders’ pages that will be filled with practical tips, training, coaching and step-by-step guidance. This will also be how you register for the webinars and so much more. 

We hope we help you extend and expand your programs and look forward to working with you in the days ahead to save more animal lives!

#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms

• 2.  RE: Mega Adoption Event Mentoring Program

Posted 05-07-2019 06:04 PM

Me me! We are in Rome, GA. I want to do a clear the shelter event so bad!

#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms