Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Rescue Transport Partnership - Transporting from areas of high overpopulation to other areas

• 1.  Rescue Transport Partnership - Transporting from areas of high overpopulation to other areas

Posted 11-30-2018 09:26 AM

I am active dog rescue volunteer in the Dallas, TX area. The animal overpopulation problem here in Texas is truly horrific.  So many wonderful, highly adoptable healthy dogs, puppies, cats and kittens are being euthanized EVERY DAY - simply for the lack of space. 

For the past year, I've been partnering with Minnesota rescue groups/shelters to transport dogs on the euthanasia list from Texas to Minnesota. We've successfully transported 200+ wonderful dogs from overcrowded Texas shelters to no-kill Minnesota rescue groups/shelters. I want to save more dogs and I'm looking to expand this rescue transport and work with areas of the country that don't have the overpopulation we do here in Texas.

Does anyone have recommendations of no-kill shelters that might be open to discussing a test of this program (Ie, the idea of accepting Texas dogs into their adoption program?)

(NOTE: I am currently working with  2 shelters here in Texas  that I have a great relationship with and they are eager to expand their rescue transport partnerships ASAP. The shelters here would rather see the dogs RESCUED, rather than euthanized, so they want to make it as easy as possible.  Transport dogs come fully vetted (spayed/neutered, vaccinated and heartworm test). I will raise the funds and coordinate all transport for any group that is willing to test this program).  Thank you for any suggestions the group might have!

#TransfersandTransport

• 2.  RE: Rescue Transport Partnership - Transporting from areas of high overpopulation to other areas

Posted 12-02-2018 05:49 AM

• 3.  RE: Rescue Transport Partnership - Transporting from areas of high overpopulation to other areas

Posted 12-03-2018 11:18 AM

Have you checked out Doobert yet? They can help connect you to destination partners and easily coordinate transport. Check out their website at www.doobert.com . They also have a great 2-minute overview video that explains what they do: 

Best of luck to you and thank you for helping save more lives! 

#TransfersandTransport