Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Ideas on finding a lost cat from out of town?

Posted 05-26-2023 06:17 PM

Hello, there is a situation where I live in which someone from out of town was here with her cat and dog. Somehow the cat got out of the car and the search has been going on for 2 weeks. Obviously this cat is not familiar with the area so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas or resources on finding a cat that doesn't live where it was lost

#ReturntoHome(LostPetReunification)

------------------------------
    Sincerely,
    Johanna Spielman
    Founder of Jamie Brianna's Legacy Fund
    https://jamiebriannaslegacyfund.org/

• 2.  RE: Ideas on finding a lost cat from out of town?

Posted 05-28-2023 08:44 PM

I am not an expert but my first suggestion is finding the facebook page for the county colony feeders. In south Florida we have facebook pages for each county- i.e. broward county community cats. You can find feeder's information there. They can help and see if there are any new cats that begin coming to their areas. You can also contact one of the largest rescues in the area. Other than that creating a "lost cat" poster and asking help from a local rescue to share it as much as possible. Hope they find it soon. 

Asli (Ashley) Akkaya
    Rescue Volunteer
    Good Karma Pet Rescue Inc

• 3.  RE: Ideas on finding a lost cat from out of town?

Posted 05-29-2023 11:17 AM

Thank you! I don't believe there are any Facebook groups for colonies, but I've posted on Nextdoor to see if anyone knows about any colonies. There are flyers and people out searching. They've also posted to the lost/found pages. 

I appreciate your suggestions!

Sincerely,
    Johanna Spielman
    Founder of Jamie Brianna's Legacy Fund
    https://jamiebriannaslegacyfund.org/