Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Body Cameras for Humane Society Police Officers and/or Animal Care & Control Officers?

• 1.  Body Cameras for Humane Society Police Officers and/or Animal Care & Control Officers?

Posted 04-27-2021 05:12 AM
    Our Humane Society Police Officers participate in a regional meeting once a month with fellow HSPOs, and the topic of body cameras was introduced. Is anyone with HSPOs or ACOs using body cameras? If so, would you be willing to share why you made the decision and the protocols in place for their use?
    Thanks!
    #FieldServicesandPublicSafety*

------------------------------
    Carol Whaley
    Director of Humane Programming
    Animal Friends Inc.
    Pittsburgh, PA
    cwhaley@thinkingoutsidethecage.org

• 2.  RE: Body Cameras for Humane Society Police Officers and/or Animal Care & Control Officers?

Posted 04-28-2021 01:28 PM
    Hello Carol,  We use body cams and I sent your info to our DAP manager so he can connect with you and give you info on why and what we are doing. Since we are both in PA it will be good to understand the laws around this. His name is Hayden and he should hopefully connect soon.  I would also like to get more info on the regional meeting but that might just be for your area. I think its so smart for us to all connect.

Elisabeth Manwiller