Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Shelter Design Firms - Recommendations?

Posted 04-01-2022 01:23 PM
    Greetings,

Looking for recommendations of firms that guide the shelter design process? We are considering either a remodel of the existing  facility or relocating and starting fresh.

Thanks!
    #AdmissionsandIntake(includingIntake-to-placement)
    #AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment

------------------------------
    Daryl Yankee
    Animal Allies Humane Society

• 2.  RE: Shelter Design Firms - Recommendations?

Posted 04-11-2022 11:06 AM
    Hi Daryl, 

Prior to coming to Maddie's Fund, I worked in an incredible shelter in Houston that was designed by Animal Arts Design. I love their work!

I also recommend watching the recording on the Monday, 2/7/22 Shelter & Rescue Support Call post if you haven't already. The first session was about Human Animal Support Services (HASS) Facility Guidelines and Caty Townsend from Animal Arts was one of the presenters. You could also join the HASS Building and Facilities workgroup to collaborate with others. Here is the description of that session: 

Session One: This presentation showed how the HASS Facility Guideline document was created and how it aligns with the Elements of HASS. The guideline outlines a new model for a community animal care center with decentralized services and how your organization can easily get started. Facilities of the future should have flexible, adaptive spaces that are used as a tool to answer the needs of individual communities.

Best of luck to you in your remodel/redesign!

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund