Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-09-2022 05:03 PM

Hi, this is my first time posting on the board. I'm the owner of a few rescue dogs. I reached out to Maddie's Fund with a technology question, and they recommended I post it here. 

My question is - Are any of you aware of any software programs that link rescuers, transportation providers, animal shelters, and foster homes across various geographical regions? Specifically, is there any kind of application, mobile-friendly, that allows rescuers, in real-time, to see how many available shelter or foster beds there are in a given geographical radius?

Thanks to everyone for their input and thank you for everything you do every day.

#DataandTechnology

------------------------------
    Josh Kotran

• 2.  RE: Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-10-2022 06:02 AM
    Following as well. I know Doobert is one option: https://www.doobert.com

Cindy Scherban
    Spirit Animal Project

• 3.  RE: Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-10-2022 09:58 AM
    I would think that the "real time" would be extremely difficult to do since it is quite a fluid situation.

Best Friends Society has a  great resource for locations to reach out to:

https://network.bestfriends.org/transport-connection-map

Jenny Cope - Fear Free Certified
    President/Founder
    Give a Dog a Home Rescue
    501c3 Non- Profit Corp, Tax ID/EIN 27-5241306
    State of Maine Shelter/Rescue Licence # F1463
    State of Maine Registered Charity: CO11334
    https://giveadogahome.rescuegroups.org/

• 4.  RE: Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-10-2022 01:56 PM
    Hi Josh.  Great question and Yes there is ONE software that does everything you mentioned... 

Doobert is the only software:
    • ...that has transport capabilities for both volunteers and organizations to manage local rides, rescue relays and high-volume transport needs like reservations and vehicle capacity.
    • ...that has foster engagement tools like two-way text messaging, mass texting capabilities by tags or foster status,  and even Ambassador pages for every animal that allow videos that the foster can upload on their own.
    • ...that has partner and coalition capabilities so you can easily see at-a-glance, in real-time, what capacity an organization has, and what animals they have that they can transfer.
    Of course, we have even more exclusive tools like case management which allows for two-way texting and emailing clients right from the case, automatic workflows that every organization can customize to follow up on cases and make updates to the case depending on whether a text or email response is received.  

Perhaps it's easier to just show you at a glance everything Doobert does.  Basically, we do everything shelter software can't do so check out below all of the amazing features we offer.  We even have a Forever Free plan to allow as many rescues and shelters to use the software free of charge forever.  

If you're interested in learning more shoot me an email at chris@doobert.com.  Thanks!

Chris Roy
    CEO, Doobert
    www.doobert.com

• 5.  RE: Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-11-2022 09:59 AM
    Actually, there is a platform that allows rescues, humane societies and animal control to share animal information with each other in real time.  The SAINT shelter management platform (www.getsaint.com) is an all in one solution. Manage your intakes, outcomes, medical, etc just as many other platforms do, but work collaboratively with others throughout the country by sharing animals up for adoption and/or are ones wanting to be transferred to another group.  Communication is also done directly in the system so no more missing phone numbers, lost emails or missed IMs.

Tom Van Winkle
    CEO
    Hinsdale Humane Society

• 6.  RE: Question About Rescue and Shelter Technologies

Posted 04-17-2022 01:06 PM
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I will look into Doobert and SAINT. 

Chris, I'll contact you directly regarding Doobert.

Thanks again!

Josh Kotran