Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  REMINDER - HSUS EXPO access ends 11/1!

Posted 10-30-2020 09:38 AM
    If you attended/registered for the virtual HSUS EXPO, use your email to login and review content before 11/1 when access ends.
    Hoping the live event returns next year (covid willing!).
    #Conferences,WorkshopsandSeminars

------------------------------
    Shari Cahill
    silvercometawa.org

• 2.  RE: REMINDER - HSUS EXPO access ends 11/1!

Posted 10-30-2020 09:48 AM
    Thanks for the reminder! Were there any favorite sessions you attended that others MUST check out before they're no longer available? 

The most recent one I've watched was this one about DEI, "Why access to animal care resources is a social justice issue" presented by Amanda Arrington, Gabrielle Chapman and Lori Hensley.

Definitely would recommend!

Charlotte Otero
    Community Strategist at Maddie's Fund
    she/her

• 3.  RE: REMINDER - HSUS EXPO access ends 11/1!

Posted 10-30-2020 10:10 AM
    Yes, there was quite a bit on timely topics...social justice, work-life balance and supporting people & animals through in-field services.  I personally have become very absorbed by puppy mills as it's a much larger problem than I realized and 4 of the "Horrible Hundred" are in my home state of GA.  As to "MUST SEE", I would say visit the virtual exhibit hall to see the various divisions of HSUS that aren't as familiar to many people...companion animal policy, engaging communities, wild neighbors, farm animal protection & many more!! Each has some very helpful resources that can be downloaded or web link. :-)

Shari Cahill
    silvercometawa.org