Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  General Adoption Center Knowledge

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 05-11-2022 03:40 PM
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

I have been looking into what it would take to open an adoption center in my town, but all I can find is how to start a rescue/shelter. I want this to be a place that local shelters and rescuers can bring long term residents to be seen in a different,  less stressful environment. I want to have "real life rooms" set up like regular living rooms so that animals can better show their personality. I'm having trouble with where to start. There was an adoption center set up here and failed because the humane society turned it into a holding place for transports, but I believe with someone that actually keeps their mind on the real goal, it could do great. Any advice would be wonderful and appreciated. I have contacted the dept of ag with the legal requirement questions and just waiting on an answer. I'm in south GA.
    #AdmissionsandIntake(includingIntake-to-placement)
    #AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #Conferences,WorkshopsandWebcasts
    #EducationandTraining
    #FundraisingandDevelopment
    #LawsandPublicPolicy

• 2.  RE: General Adoption Center Knowledge

Posted 05-12-2022 04:34 AM
    I love this idea...I think that shift from a traditional shelter environment will do wonders for all involved. Following this post. If you would like to discuss, please do reach out here. You can also contact me at: hello@spiritanimalproject.org.

Were you looking at having existing shelters and rescues bring their dogs only, and so not operating as a shelter/rescue yourself?

------------------------------
    Cindy Scherban
    Spirit Animal Project
    ------------------------------