Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Placement Partner Application and Requirements

Posted 02-02-2022 03:52 PM
    Hi all,

We are in the process of redefining our rescue partnership application, agreement, and requirements. If you work with non-profit 501c3 rescues, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your application and what you require of your rescue partners to take animals from your shelter. How do you ensure that their philosophies are in line with those of your organization? Any additional information on your alternative placement programs is much appreciated. Thank you in advance! 
    #TransfersandTransport

------------------------------
    Nadia Cubias

• 2.  RE: Placement Partner Application and Requirements

Posted 02-03-2022 10:18 AM
    Hi @Nadia Cubias! May be worth taking a look at @Clare Callison's thoughts and links from this post a few months back: https://forum.maddiesfund.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=205&MessageKey=014c10fc-d667-47b8-9044-5cd92561dbc3&CommunityKey=afce7f7a-fd5a-431e-9f2a-aaedc46a03d6&tab=digestviewer

Also, ​we worked with APA! to create 2 transfer partner 'evaluation' forms - one for (dog transfer) general use and one for transferring dogs who may have specific needs, attached here.​

Hope this helps!!

Thank you all for all you do!

Amber Freiwald
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Placement Partner Application and Requirements

Posted 02-03-2022 05:00 PM
    Thanks, Amber for this and Hi, Nadia! I'm a big fan of having an initial conversation with every transport partner to make sure it's a good fit! 
    Here's a link to a conversation guide for ideas of questions to ask: Transport Partner Conversation Guide

I find it's a more efficient way to get a feel on how aligned both orgs are, and it's a more personal way to set up the partnership. MOUs are great as a follow up once that initial call is done :) I saw a great example of a recent MOU from a transfer partner organization that I feel is just what you're looking for-  I just need to ask for permission to share it. I'll get back to you on that! Here's my email: Clare.Callison@americanpetsalive.org if you need- thanks!

Clare Callison
    American Pets Alive