Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Safety Net/Crisis Sheltering Data and Outcomes

• 1.  Safety Net/Crisis Sheltering Data and Outcomes

Posted 03-14-2022 11:54 AM

Hello! I am the Executive Director of Ruff Haven Crisis Sheltering, a safety net organization in Salt Lake City. We opened our doors in June of 2020. Our main program is our crisis sheltering program. I am super excited to be one of the presenters for one of the Maddie's We Foster Challenge huddles in April. I am also thrilled to see more conversations about these programs and the interest from potential funders. Which leads me to my question. For those of you with these kinds of temporary care programs, what kinds of data are you collecting and have you created an outcomes matrix? Given this is a fairly new space there doesn't seem to be standardized outcome measures. 

In October, our organization and Board met to create our org's personalized outcomes and what successful vs. unsuccessful looks like for us. For instance, we consider private rehoming where the owner of the animal is able to be an active participant in the rehoming of their pet, when they are unable to reunify, a successful outcome. I would love to chat with other orgs who are gathering this data! 

#PetSupportServices*

------------------------------
    Kristina Pulsipher
    Ruff Haven Crisis Sheltering
    ------------------------------