Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Owner mental health and dog behaviour: Request

Posted 04-24-2021 02:08 PM
    To the dog owners! - I know how much we rely on our dogs for our mental wellbeing, but how does our psychological functioning affect them? I'm currently looking into the association between owner mental health and dog behaviour as part of my Master's degree, if you're also interested and want to be part of some new and interesting research I'd really appreciate it if you fill in my questionnaire. It's entirely voluntary and anonymous. There's an email address if you want more info or want to know your results. Thanks so much if you decide to do it!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-UaBYGcmxF-fcINtKYkD2lj5HEU4708tat3NtCo4MJH3yKw/viewform?usp=sf_link​
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #EducationandTraining

------------------------------
    Harriet Clarke
    Askham Bryan

• 2.  RE: Owner mental health and dog behaviour: Request

Posted 04-26-2021 10:34 AM
    Harriet, what a great project! I would be happy to share this in our Tripawds Community Discussion Forums if you'd like.  Or, you can feel free to post if you'd rather.

We've been an amputation support community since 2006, and over the years we've watched many cat and dog amputation recoveries. In our non-scientific opinion, it seems like the hardest amputation recoveries usually coincide with pet parents who are emotionally struggling with the very idea of their pet losing a limb. I'm very interested in following your research.

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds

• 3.  RE: Owner mental health and dog behaviour: Request

Posted 04-26-2021 12:38 PM
    Thank you Rene! That would be great, I will post in there too! That's really interesting, a great angle to look at the human-animal bond from, maybe future research could add in physiological measures as well as behavioural based on physical recovery potentially being affected by the owners psychological state...thanks so much for sharing.

Harriet Clarke
    Askham Bryan

• 4.  RE: Owner mental health and dog behaviour: Request

Posted 04-26-2021 03:53 PM
    You are so welcome! just approved your post. If you're on Instagram, tag @tripawdscommunity. I'll share it there too.
    Good luck!​​

Rene Agredano
    Tripawds