Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-17-2020 06:21 AM
    ​Hey Team!

I typically consider myself pretty decently versed in all things Volgistics. However, I'm having a bit of difficulty coming up with a way to have my Coordinators gain access to the number of hours their assigned volunteers are earning. I of course reached out to the Help Center via Volgistics and they're saying they don't offer that feature.

So, I figured I would reach out on here and see if anyone has a creative way that they allow their coordinators to view just their volunteers' hours. I do monthly summary reports of course, but anything you all think would be helpful? We like to recognize volunteers who reach certain milestones but we're trying to get the Coordinators involved in this since they oversee these folks.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated; thanks so much!

PS...photo for cuteness effect :-)
    Pet Dog

#EducationandTraining

------------------------------
    Sarah Sukhram
    Vol. & Foster Coordinator
    Pasco County Animal Services
    Land O' Lakes, FL
    https://www.pascocountyfl.net/408/Animal-Services

• 2.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-17-2020 08:31 AM
    Hello! I know very little about Volgistics, but this is the reply I received from our volunteer manager. If you would like to connect with her directly, please let me know: Nharris@jaxhumane.org

We have two Volgistics logins for the backend – one is mine and is the "Administrator" and has full access and the other is the "Volunteer Assistant" account which has a lot of access, but not total control. You can have different power levels "Admin, Power user or basic." They can have the power to look up volunteers or pull reports on hours.

Lindsay and I are the only two people with access to my account, but Savanna and Sylvia can both use the assistant account as needed. Savanna uses it to send messages for camp help and Sylvia uses it to look up dog volunteers and see how often they have been coming in order to decide if behavior should training tip/protocol train them. Sylvia has also been able to add in notes about volunteers if there are any incidents.

One things is that Volgistics will not allow two people on an account at the same time. So if Savanna is sending an email out and Sylvia tried to log on, it will bump Savanna off. Another thing is, the account will have access to all volunteers (not just ones under a specific coordinator), but they can be easily filtered with tags or flags.

Nikki Harris

• 3.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-17-2020 08:37 AM
    Hey Nikki!

Thanks so much for responding! I know exactly what your Volunteer Manager is talking about! I use the Admin side for myself and was trying to find a work around for my department supervisors who use the Coordinator side. It's definitely tough when it only allows one login and a time for sure!

Thanks again!

Sarah Sukhram
    Vol. & Foster Coordinator
    Pasco County Animal Services
    Land O' Lakes, FL
    https://www.pascocountyfl.net/408/Animal-Services

• 4.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-17-2020 03:54 PM
    My two cents...

I am a volunteer in Regina, Sask., Canada.  A few years back, they required that we entered our own hours into a computer program.  I didn't as I didn't find the computer program user friendly.  Another option they tried was a sign-in sheet, but that took too much time entering data into a data-sheet.  If there were a very easy/user friendly way for the volunteers to click, say, less than 5 clicks, to enter when they start their shift and when they end their shift, that would be doable.  Just some feedback of things that have been done in the past.  (Right now we aren't allowed in facility volunteering due to COVID-19).

• 5.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-17-2020 04:14 PM
    Hi, 

I work in Volgistics a lot and may be able to help. Feel free to reach out to me at carolyn.almos@lacity.org

Carolyn Almos

• 6.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-18-2020 06:31 AM
    I use a spreadsheet app, Airtable, it's free and I love it. I use the app for absolutely everything for our organization (although I maxed out the free services). You can just share a link to a form and the volunteers can pin the link on their phone or in their browser. All of their information is fed directly into a spreadsheet and you can calculate hours from the spreadsheet. It's a little bit of work to set it up initially, but you can have the spreadsheet calculate the hours for you and even tailor different views for different people. 

If you think you'd be interested I'd be happy to help.  atylerdvm@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Volgistics Users...Help!

Posted 09-19-2020 08:12 AM
    You could create reports that automatically email to each coordinator weekly or monthly.

Steph Renaud
    Volunteer & Foster Coordinator
    Seattle Animal Shelter

steph renaud