2022 Open Arms Challenge

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Huddle # 11 Discussion & Recording - Creating Partnerships with Community Organizations

• 1.  Huddle # 11 Discussion & Recording - Creating Partnerships with Community Organizations

Posted 11-11-2021 03:02 PM
    With today's final huddle of the Open Arms Challenge, the huddles (affectionately known as cuddles 🤗)  have come to an end.  Thanks to our final huddle speaker today, @Rachael Pontillo from Partners Ending Homelessness! Unfortunately, due to some technical difficulties, we weren't able to hear from our second speaker, @Jorge Ortega, Guilford County Animal Services Director, but hopefully we can connect with him here in the forum.

I have attached a copy of the chat file and all the resources shared during the call. There were quite a few today and the beginnings of an interesting conversation about emotional support animals. ​Please continue that conversation here! If you have any questions for the presenters or commenters on the call, please leave them on this thread. 

We have enjoyed meeting you all on the huddles and hearing some incredibly inspiring stories and examples. Thank you for joining the huddles and participating in the Open Arms Challenge!

------------------------------
    Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 2.  RE: Huddle # 11 Discussion & Recording - Creating Partnerships with Community Organizations

Posted 11-11-2021 03:03 PM
      |   view attached
    And of course, I forgot to attach the chat file and resources shared during the call. Here it is!

Kim Domerofski (she/her)
    Community Manager
    Maddie's Fund

• 3.  RE: Huddle # 11 Discussion & Recording - Creating Partnerships with Community Organizations

Posted 11-11-2021 04:00 PM
    Thanks so much Kim!

I totally didn't realize it was Veteran's Day until after the Huddle was over and neglected to acknowledge it.  I would like to thank all of our veterans, active military personnel, and their families for their service and sacrifice.  I would also like to thank all organizations who work to support our veterans with service animals, adoptable animals, volunteer opportunities and other forms of community.  Happy Veterans Day everyone, and I'm so sorry for not acknowledging this day on the call.

Amber Eby
    Maddie's Fund