Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Database for dog training program

Posted 06-03-2022 10:33 AM
    Hello,

We have recently hired a dog trainer and are looking for a database for her to track dog training sessions, training plans and clients. We have looked at Honeybook as an option, and while it's the most reasonably priced option we've found, it isn't specific to dog trainers. Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations? Thank you!

#Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment

Tasha Haug
    Executive Director
    Homeward Animal Shelter
    #Behavior,TrainingandEnrichment
    #EducationandTraining

------------------------------
    Tasha Haug
    Homeward Animal Shelter

• 2.  RE: Database for dog training program

Posted 06-03-2022 11:37 AM

Hi, there! So awesome you were able to bring on a trainer - there is such a need!

Unfortunately, most of the current SW options for dog training business management is pretty limited. This is the demo I liked the *most, but I did not end up purchasing. We ended up developing custom software and using G-Suite products due to the limitations this had. In the shelter setting, we used Petpoint. 

Dog Training Software - ProPet Software | Boarding Kennel, Dog Daycare, Training, and Pet Grooming Software

ProPet Software | Boarding Kennel, Dog Daycare, Training, and Pet Grooming Software remove preview
    Dog Training Software - ProPet Software | Boarding Kennel, Dog Daycare, Training, and Pet Grooming Software
    Our specialized modules make it really easy for you to track customer bookings while keeping up with the ever-changing demands of a growing business. But we also understand that many pet businesses offer unique services, in addition to their primary services, which might not fit neatly into our specialized modules.
    View this on ProPet Software | Boarding Kennel, Dog Daycare, Training, and Pet Grooming Software >

Best of luck! 

Heather Kalman (she/her), CPDT-KA, SBA, ABCDT
    Embedded Data Coordinator
    American Pets Alive!, Human Animal Support Services

• 3.  RE: Database for dog training program

Posted 06-03-2022 02:25 PM
    Hi Tasha,

I'm not familiar with any of these businesses, but some of the might be worth checking out? https://www.k9ofmine.com/best-dog-training-business-software/

Sheila

Sheila Segurson, DVM
    Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
    Maddie's Fund

• 4.  RE: Database for dog training program

Posted 06-04-2022 12:28 PM
    Thank you, Sheila and Heather! I appreciate the suggestions - very helpful!

Tasha Haug
    Homeward Animal Shelter

• 5.  RE: Database for dog training program

Posted 06-08-2022 07:40 AM
    If you are open to developing something custom, check out Presspoint: https://presspointcrm.com.  This is the platform that Pets for Life uses to track our outreach. They have it set up so you can make your own modifications, or you can work with them to create a custom system. If they have another customer doing similar  work (even in other industries) they may be able to use that as the base so you don't have to start from  scratch.

M Saucedo
    GIS Analyst
    Pets for Life

• 6.  RE: Database for dog training program

Posted 06-09-2022 12:55 PM
    Thank you! I will check into this.

Tasha Haug
    Homeward Animal Shelter