Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Fundraising Ideas 2024

• 1.  Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-05-2024 10:17 AM

Happy New Year All! 

I am the Ops Manager with a foster-based nonprofit in CA. I would love to brainstorm, and share any fundraising ideas for the new year ahead with the community. Our organization will be forming a fundraising committee (for the first time) with volunteers, staff, and board members. I am hoping sharing of ideas/insights from various aspects of our local community will incredibly exciting, and beneficial. Do any of you have functioning committees like this in your organization? I am excited to collaborate with you all on fundraising ideas that could be helpful across organizations. 

#FundraisingandDevelopment

------------------------------
    Dawn Bornman
    Operations Manager
    Animal Friends Rescue Project
    CA

• 2.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-06-2024 07:57 AM

Our organization is really small so we don't have a committee. It's really just a couple of us running everything for the organization.

These are some of the fundraisers that we have planned for this year:

a tattoo fundraiser with a local artist that we love. He will have a flash sheet available of animal themed tattoos. We will also raffle off a full session with him and we are planning on having a temporary tattoo station set up for people that want to participate but don't want a permanent tattoo.

In store shop for good events in partnership with Kendra Scott jewelry and Lily Pulitzer

A pet costume contest for Halloween

We also have an ongoing online fundraiser year-round with our Scentsy consultant where anyone can purchase things from Scentsy using our party code and a portion of the sales go back to us as a donation

I'm excited to see what other organizations have planned to get some more ideas!

Amanda Gray
    Grants and fundraising manager
    Operation Liberation
    FL

• 3.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-06-2024 03:10 PM

Happy Saturday All! 

Thank you everyone for sharing such fun ideas so far. The tattoo idea is super cool! Also, it's great to know about Panera. We have done a couple of donation days with Panda Express where they donate a portion of their sales for that day to our organization., and they are national too like Panera.  We've also partnered with a local candle company for our own pet odor scent, and a portion of those sales come back to our organization as well. 

I'll share more fundraising ideas once we've come up with them! 

Dawn Bornman
    Operations Manager
    Animal Friends Rescue Project
    CA

• 4.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-07-2024 07:26 AM

Jus had another idea from someone on Facebook of doing an e card for Valentine's day! The donors pick which card they would like and send in a donation. We would then send the card to the email of the person they would like to receive the Valentine's Day card.

And you can use Instagram stories AI to edit any photo to make it Valentine's theme! I just did this one

Amanda Gray
    Operation Liberation
    FL

• 5.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 04:52 AM

That looks awesome. Great job.

Lisa Burn
    Co-founder/VP
    Farmhouse Animal & Nature Sanctuary
    Myakka City, FL
    https://farmhousesanctuary.org

• 6.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 06:32 AM

What do you charge for the fundraiser

geri golonka
    Foster/Volunteer
    Tiny N Tall Rescue
    St. Charles, IL

• 7.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 09:54 AM

The Humane Society that I saw do it charged $20 per e-card but I feel like that is a little steep.

I really want to drum up participation so I was thinking $5 donation per e-card especially since it's not a lot of effort on our part to email the cards

Amanda Gray
    Operation Liberation
    FL

• 8.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-06-2024 09:28 AM

My local shelter is doing an event with Panera in a few weeks where they will donate 25% of their sales during certain hours if customers show our flyer when they order or use a code online for pickup. Panera Fundraising is the link if anyone is interested in looking at the program for their area. Next month we are running a donation drive at a pet/farm store where we plan to put up signs with the products that are most needed for our animals. Customers can purchase the items and leave them in the donation bin at the store or buy gift cards for us. We also plan to setup a table on the weekend with some volunteers and adoptable pets to inform the community about what we do, offer adoption applications and volunteer applications. This is my first year getting involved in the fundraising aspect after doing cat socialization and kitten fostering for the past few years. I'm excited to see how these events turn out.

Danielle Strout
    Volunteer
    CNY SPCA
    NY

• 9.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-06-2024 02:05 PM

I'm glad to see Panera participates in give back, I have reached out to a few of our local restaurants without any positive responses yet. I'll check with Panera next!

Michelle Van Dusen
    Board Member
    Outsiders Farm & Sanctuary
    GA

• 10.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 05:04 AM

Danielle, 

We have found that the dine and donate events are hit and miss. We are in Florida and have tried California Pizza Kitchen, Texas Roadhouse, JWeremiah's Italian Ice, Mod pizza and Chipotles. Chipotles didn't bring in enough people to even get a donation from them but Mod Pizza raised us around $300 in one day. We asked our volunteers for restaurant suggestions. I would say reach out to a few local ones and maybe try hosting these events at different restaurants a couple times a year. Check out https://www.groupraise.com/ you can search for restaurants in your area who give back.

Lisa Burn
    Co-founder/VP
    Myakka City, FL

• 11.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 05:20 AM

Thanks for that website! We will check it out.  Because we are a farm animal rescue we are also a vegan sanctuary so choosing restaurants with a vegan menu presents a second challenge. But, MOD pizza would be a good fit! We can maybe find a location near a college town and try to get some college kid volunteers to promote the Day For us.  College kids love 🍕! 

Michelle Van Dusen
    Board Member
    Outsiders Farm & Sanctuary
    GA

• 12.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 05:47 AM

@Michelle Van Dusen, Great to see another farm sanctuary on the forum! We are a farm and exotic animal sanctuary. I agree that can be a challenge and it makes it difficult when asking people to help save animals then having a fundraiser at a restaurant that serves meat, it's always been a conflict for me. But, as one of our board members pointed out to me, not everyone is vegan or vegetarian, and we need all the help we can get to save the ones we can. She added that we probably won't ever be able to convince people not to go to these restaurants or to stop eating meat completely, but maybe if we show them the animals that we care for, they may change their minds and order a salad instead of a steak. I thought that was an interesting way to look at it.  

Lisa Burn
    Co-founder/VP
    Myakka City, FL

• 13.  RE: Fundraising Ideas 2024

Posted 01-08-2024 06:00 PM

We do have a fundraising committee. We are a small organization with a board of around 8 people. Most people on the board are also on the fundraising committee.  We are considering doing a duck race this year. I believe the Nevada Humane Society has done the rubber duck race for several years now, I would love to hear from them! We are at the very beginning stages of trying to plan for this, since we are small, I'm not sure we can pull it off yet.

Kim Adams
    Boone Area Humane Society
    Ames IA