Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

New study on trends in Colorado shelter and rescue intake 

01-06-2022 11:58 AM

Sharing a newly published study by the Institute for Human-Animal Connection research team on Colorado's Pet Animal Care Facility Act shelter and rescue organization intake dataset from 2008-2018. 
Key findings include:
  • Dog intake increased over the study period, but there was no change when these data were adjusted for the human population. 
  • Cat intake decreased over time, including cat intake when adjusted for the human population. 
  • Total community-based intake (all intake categories except transfers) decreased for both species, whereas intake by interstate transfer from other organizations increased for both species during the study period.
The full abstract for the article can be found here: https://avmajournals.avma.org/view/journals/javma/aop/javma.20.08.0426/javma.20.08.0426.xml

*Due to publication restrictions, I can only share the the abstract in a public forum like this. You are welcome to email me at sloane.hawes@du.edu and I can send you a pdf directly.  

#AdmissionsandIntake(includingIntake-to-placement)

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
JAVMA Abstract_Temporal trends in intake category data fo....pdf   259 KB   1 version
Uploaded - 01-21-2022

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.