Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Open Dog Adoptions: Eliminating Roadblocks to Positive Outcomes - Maddie's University Course 

03-25-2022 03:24 PM

Maddie's University Course:

Open Dog Adoptions: Eliminating Roadblocks to Positive Outcomes

This class focuses on adoption philosophies and practices that will help you place more dogs faster. You will examine research refuting common myths that act to place barriers to adoption and be prepared to create an adoption action plan for your organization. This course is authored by Clare Callison, Maddie's Canine Lifesaving Advisor at American Pets Alive!.

This class has been pre-approved for 0.5 Certified Animal Welfare Administrator continuing education credits by The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement.

Button to view

#AdoptionsandAdoptionPrograms
#EducationandTraining

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Comments

05-01-2023 06:09 PM

not sure if this is the right place to post this but sometimes you have to make compromises, I have a deaf and other special needs dog 1 1/2 yrs old and not had any interest in her.  I wanted her to have a fenced yard and another dog to play with.  A mother and adult daughter came along and fell in love with her but do not have a fenced yard or another dog.  I had to weight that against nobody being interested in fooling with her issues.  I kind of got the fenced yard, her neighborhood has a large fenced play area for the dogs and it is usually empty.  There are a lot of dogs that live near her and she said she would seek out playmates for the dog they are adopting.  I also have them doing a foster to adopt just in case it is too much for them with her disabilities.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.