Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only

Map where cat was lost and found 

04-08-2019 02:19 PM

We had a cat brought to our SN clinic for spay today. The woman who brought her in had seen her around outside for a while, talked with all their neighbors, and the cat didn't belong to anyone. Last November, knowing winter was coming and she needed help, the caring woman brought the cat indoors and has kept her there ever since. Today they brought her to be spayed and vaccinated.

Turns out she's a neutered male cat. And microchipped. My clinic folks don't have to deal with this that often (it's usually in the shelter side), and pulled me in to help.

We tracked the microchip and called the registered owner. As soon as I said where I was calling from, before I said anything else, she started shouting "Did you find my cat?!?! You found my cat?!?!?!". SO EXCITED!

Turns out the cat had gone missing last November. She'd talked with all her neighbors, but never found her cat.

I've attached a map of where the cat's home is, and where he was (lovingly) stolen to. Obviously, he was well within the normal daily range of indoor/outdoor cats; he "disappeared" the same day he was "saved" by the well meaning neighbor. Interestingly, both people told me that they "talked with all the neighbors" and yet they never talked with one another.

If he wasn't chipped, his real home would never have gotten him back.

#CommunityCatManagement

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
8 Downloads
Attachment(s)
jpg file
PostFile-9ef03e31-2b65-4d1a-9f2b-03b5a0be4c39.jpg   146 KB   1 version
Uploaded - 09-11-2020
jpg file
PostFile-de04447e-2d0e-40e1-a1f2-5047f53b10a4.jpg   146 KB   1 version