Return To Home Challenge

View Only

RTH: What makes a great lost and found website - Michelson Found Animals 

08-30-2022 04:22 PM

What Makes A Great Lost And Found Website - Michelson Found Animals

All content should be easy to find, located no more than two clicks away from your site’s homepage. If possible, create links/tabs on your main page that link directly to “I lost my animal” and “I found a lost animal” resources. Separating each category will help quickly offer viewers information on their specific needs.

Lost and Found websites should be regularly audited to ensure the information is current, remains valuable, and all links are still working.

Keep in mind that people visiting these pages likely have an immediate need. If they’ve lost a pet, they may be worried or discouraged. If they found a lost animal, they may be unsure of what to do next. Write your content in a voice that is clear, friendly, and helpful (focusing on the “do”s, not the “do not”s).

Make your content clear and actionable so a reader can self-serve. If a visitor finds everything needed to accomplish their goal, the need to speak with someone at your shelter will be minimized.

All links in the website should be “live”, meaning they click out to the resource you are citing. An easy to find link to a list of lost and found animals (whether in the shelter or private homes/foster care) should be available.

Create an easy-to-use online form for the public to submit a lost or found report that includes photos and contact information. Making this form easy to to find and complete will increase the number of people who use it.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
What Makes A Great Lost & Found Website?   49 KB   1 version
Uploaded - 08-30-2022

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.