Community Home

Latest Discussions

• Thanks to the 230 attendees who joined this morning's call! The recording is now available to watch on-demand. Be sure to complete this form after each Friday call you watch during the month of May to be entered to win a grant: https://www.maddiesfund.org/friday-community-conversations-may22-giveaway.htm Attached you'll find a copy of the first presentation and a copy of the chat file. Have a great weekend! Agenda Host: Kristen Hassen, Director, American Pets Alive! Question of read more

• Hello! Please join us for our upcoming exciting Shelter and Rescue Support call on Monday, 5/23/22 at 8am PT. We will be joined by Cynthia Bullock, Executive Director/Founder of Harley's Hope Foundation and @anna beucler, Community Pet Resources Manager for Animal Friends Alliance in Fort Collins, CO. Session One: Adoption is just the first step in what should be a lifelong journey – a journey that can be threatened at any time by unforeseen challenges. Join Cynthia Bullock, Executive Director read more

• Hi Beth - Welcome to the forum. I'm so inspired and impressed by your work. When I worked for The Humane Society of the United States, pet-friendly rental policies and dog parks were two of my issues. Since retiring, I've moved to a a small town in western Colorado. I would be interested in your expertise regarding our nature park, which has become a de facto off-leash dog area. Keep up the good work! ------------------------------ Nancy Peterson The National Kitten Coalition ---------------- read more

• Greetings from Ohio in the US. 👋 im Beth. In 2016, I started a nonprofit called Wagtown to help communities become more authentically and responsibly dog friendly. The outcomes are better animal welfare, economic vitality, and so much more. With the largest primary research base amassed to date on dog friendliness, I am taking my designation as the #1 dog friendliness expert in the US and putting it to work. My journey has been focused exclusively on mission and all projects are created to donate read more

• RE: Bonded pairs in dogs

Discussion

Would love to connect about this topic and happy to provide insight on your current assessment as it relates to my protocol! As we know from current research, there are so many barriers to collecting objective behavior data for onsite shelter pets. Collecting detailed in-home histories (foster, finder, former home) was a significant piece of my assessment process. We then moved to assessing dogs daily in kennel when cohoused, during feeding time, and during playgroups with additional (non-resident) read more

Announcements List

Latest Shared Files