5 Things You Can Do To Improve Your Experience on Maddie's Pet Forum
1. Update Your Profile Information - Visit your profile page and update your contact & display information. Your First & Last Name are displayed on your profile and throughout the community. This display information is stored here on your Account Settings page which you can get to by clicking "Edit My Display & Account Information" on your profile and edit your name, job title and organization name.
If you were a forum member before September 2020, we migrated your profile information and contributions to the new MPF. Please review your profile information to ensure it is correct and fill out the new profile fields such as your Education and Animal Welfare areas of expertise. You can even connect your social media accounts!
Note: Your account settings page will be where you can update important account information used on all Maddie's Fund online tools such as your email address, password, security question and organization type. Your profile page is where you can update what others see about you on Maddie's Pet Forum.
2. Follow Topics You Care About - Now located on your forum profile page, topics are used in the Animal Welfare Professionals & Volunteers Community to organize discussions and resources. Under "Topics I Follow" click on the "Add a Topic" text to select a topic of interest. When new activity is posted in a topic you follow, it will be included in your personalized digest email. To remove topics, click on the gray x next to the topic name.
Observed Topics is a new feature on MPF 2.0! When you interact with discussions in topics that you aren't technically following, they will appear on your profile under Observed Topics. You can always remove those topics by clicking on the gray x next to the topic name if you don't want those topics associated with your digest.
3. Manage Your Email Notifications - There are two areas on the new Maddie's Pet Forum where you can manage what emails hit your inbox and when! Visit your Email Preferences located under My Account on your profile to turn on or off the type of emails you wish to receive such as System Emails, Community Emails and Participation Emails. Each section has a full description so you know exactly what each email includes.
Then head to your Community Notifications page also located under My Account on your profile page to adjust how you want to be notified about new discussions and content that have been posted to the main Animal Welfare Professionals & Volunteers Community. You can choose between Personalized Digest, Personalized Digest + Real Time Discussion Emails or No Email.
If you are a member of groups, you will find each group name listed under Notification Settings on the same page. For each group, you can decide if you want to receive Real Time Emails, a Daily Digest or No Email.
If you are a member of multiple groups, you can use the checkboxes to select if you would like to receive a Consolidated Daily Digest or a Consolidated Weekly Digest that shows all of your group activity in a single digest email.
You can even adjust which day of the week you would like to receive your Consolidated Weekly Digest from this page.
Pro-tip: For groups that you are very active in, selecting a Discussion Email frequency of "Real Time" or "Daily Digest" (not Consolidated Daily Digest) have a different look and feel to them. One of the perks of receiving a Real Time or Daily Digest email for your group is you have the ability to respond to discussions directly from your email inbox! This is a feature that is only available for groups, not the general topic communities.
4. Manage Your Privacy Settings - We know that privacy is important, especially when interacting online. That's why on your Maddie's Pet Forum Profile, you can choose which information you'd like to share with other community members.
For each item that appears on your profile, you can select if you would like that information to be visible to your forum contacts (contacts must be requested & approved), forum members only, publicly visible or only visible to you.
5. Customize Your Discussion Signature - Similar to your signature that appears at the bottom of emails you send, discussion signatures are used on Maddie's Pet Forum at the bottom of any discussions or comments that you create. On your profile page under My Account, you'll find your Discussion Signature. By default, we display your First Name, Last Name, Job Title, Company Name, City, State and Phone Number. You can update what variable you'd like to appear as your signature.
Note: First you need to click on the pencil icon below Contact Details on your Profile page to add your contact details (Job Title, Company Name, etc.)