Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  New Shelter Funding Sources

Posted 08-20-2018 04:03 PM
      |   view attached

Ventura County is looking at building a new facility however the funding sources are clearly an issue. I know that many of my colleagues here have taking this plunge before (as have I) yet, I was not responsible for engaging our city partners or developing a cost sharing plan as that was handled by our Contracts department in Sacramento. I have been tasked with finding out how other shelters overcame this challenge and how you engaged your city/county partners, etc.

I would greatly appreciate any information, documents, contracts or just simple information as to how you made this happen; attached is a spreadsheet intended to capture the most pertinent questions that I have thought of so far. I know everyone is so busy right now, however, if you could kindly help in answering some questions for me it would help me drastically.

Feel free to send around or put me in contact with someone who could be of assistance!
    Thank you~

Tara Diller
    Director and Chief Lifesaving Officer
    Ventura County Animal Services
    805-388-4355
    tara.diller@ventura.org
    www.VCAS.us
    www.facebook.com/VCAnimalServices

#OrganizationalManagement
    #newshelter

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: New Shelter Funding Sources

Posted 08-21-2018 02:37 PM

Hey Tara! I'll do an email intro for you with a group that's currently building an awesome new shelter in Central California. =)

#OrganizationalManagement