Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Help for dog

Posted 03-28-2020 06:32 PM

Hello I’m new here and unsure if I’m doing this correctly or not. Myself and my 6 year old daughter are the owners of a 1 year 4 month old husky (my daughters dream dog) and she seems to have something wrong with her an we believe she needs surgery. Her appetite is all but gone and more recently she’s seems to be having trouble going pee. I took her to emergency vet about 2 days ago and they advised me that she may have some blockage in her intestines. I’ve exhausted all my available funds and am impacted directly by the coronavirus pandemic with being laid off from my employer. I’m curious if anyone knows of any assistance that could help with surgery an costs of getting our beloved dog back to being healthy. Any help would be fantastic thank you in advance. 

#PetHealthandNutrition
    #surgeryassistance

• 2.  RE: Help for dog

Posted 03-29-2020 10:25 AM

Hi Justin.

I am incredibly sorry to hear about your dog not feeling well.  You can always google emergency grants for animals and see what comes up.  I know a lot of the grants are for organizations that are non-profits, but you may be able to come upon one for individuals/families.

Good luck!

Stay healthy.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 3.  RE: Help for dog

Posted 03-30-2020 06:57 AM

Check with your local rescue organizations (look at their websites instead of trying to call). Some have programs that can help people in their community with emergency funds for vet care for people that need assistance.

#PetHealthandNutrition

• 4.  RE: Help for dog

Posted 03-30-2020 07:47 AM

Hi Justin, in this link you can find a list of financial support for pet owners. This is what we share at Charleston Animal Society so you will see some regional suggestions but some national as well. Your local shelter/rescue may be able to direct you to some resources in your area. I hope you can find assistance quickly! Good luck! 

#PetHealthandNutrition