Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-24-2018 03:23 PM

Cats and dogs are always surprising us with their funny and interesting behavior. We see videos all the time online of these behaviors like dogs who howl with their owners when they sing or cats who can't resist a swim.

In the shelter and rescue world, often these behaviors help an adoptable pet find a home when we're able to capture it and share it on social media.

What are some funny, strange or just downright adorable behaviors you've seen in your pets at home or in a shelter or rescue?

Comment them below and feel free to add a picture or video if you've captured it!

#funnypets
    #qotw
    #petbehavior
    #PetBehaviorandTraining
    #questionoftheweek

• 2.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-24-2018 07:19 PM

My foster, Bowie, has the most expressive face . THESE are examples of when he is excited!

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 3.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-25-2018 01:15 PM

Those eyes!! 

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 4.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-25-2018 08:15 PM

My dog Kloke is the #1 snuggler and LOVES to sleep under the blankets. Since she was 6 months old and being the spoiled princess she is, she always found her way under the covers no matter who was sleeping. Now she's gotten to the point where she lifts the blanket up with her nose to get under and just plops down. When it gets too hot under there, she pokes just her nose out to get some air.

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 5.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-26-2018 08:28 AM

Nora gingerly picks up her water or food dish and carries it right up to us, no matter where we are in the house, whenever she wants a refill. I can't get a photo of it because she always drops it at my feet just as I try to snap a pic! It's a sweet habit, which matches the sweet personality of our Nora. Thanks to Humane Society Silicon Valley for finding our perfect match :)

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 6.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-26-2018 09:44 AM

Similar to Charlotte's dog Kloke, our dog Mochi also loves to sleep under the blankets. The only difference is she can't quite figure out how to do it herself, so she will paw at your hand until you lift up the blanket for her and then she burrows right in against your body.

P.S. Here's a fun dancing video we took of her at Strut Your Mutt this past weekend: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKvEtuD5SR/?taken-by=mochi.huahua

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 7.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 10-27-2018 08:26 AM

My rescue dog, Gracie, enjoys making nests around the house. On my bed, she moves around the blankets before she goes to sleep. Gracie will go under chairs with curtains and just hang out. During the holiday season when our Christmas Tree is up, she will sleep under it. We have a theory that she does this because when she was a stray, she would find shelter under trees and other areas in the woods.

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 8.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 11-28-2018 10:07 PM

My dog Jaxon harvests apples and depending on his mood he shares them with his pack OR he buries and guards them (all show, no action), hoards (gathers several up) and guards them, or eats them very slowly in front of the youngest, while she pitifully lies next to him hoping for a bite, at which he seems to take great pleasure. He's created a whole very complicated economy around apples. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53uAIgxCM2gRktVZUFrWEhjREU/view?usp=sharing

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 9.  RE: Question of the Week #21 - Funny Cat or Dog Behaviors

Posted 12-01-2018 09:11 PM

My foster, Ferdinand, will often stick his tongue out our way when he’s very relaxed or napping. I think he’s missing a couple of teeth. 

#PetBehaviorandTraining