Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-08-2019 06:05 PM

My dog won't quit peeing in cage.  Adopted a week ago and just doesn't mind laying in it.

#help
    #PetBehaviorandTraining

• 2.  RE: Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-09-2019 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear that. 

How is your crate out fitted? 

How big is the crate? 

When is the dog usually having accidents?

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 3.  RE: Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-10-2019 10:09 AM

Just enough room for her to stand and turn around in.  Accidents occur almost every time she is in it.  I can walk her and she can go 7 times on the walk put her on the crate and she goes there as well.  I read to put bedding in their an she went on it last night.  She does not like going in the cage.  Seems to have anxiety from seeing left alone.

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 4.  RE: Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-19-2019 02:34 PM

It seems to me that the accidents happen in general because of anxiety, and the  frequently urination because of fear related territorial marking. 

So in general we are looking at it fearful, dog with anxieties. 

Is this your own dog or a foster?

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 5.  RE: Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-10-2019 11:21 AM

how old is dog/puppy?  Have you seen vet,  may be uti or other medical issue?   How often have you taken dog out of cage to relieve itself?  Have you had dog out of cage for playtime,  if so do accidents occur outside of cage as well?    All need to be considered when trying to remedy situation.

#PetBehaviorandTraining

• 6.  RE: Dog won't stop peeing in cage

Posted 06-13-2019 02:33 PM

I know you need to see a vet right away! There could be a medical problem and your puppy needs help. Please do the right thing for this baby...go see a vet doc.

#PetBehaviorandTraining