Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  How does your shelter or rescue's staff communicate?

Posted 10-29-2019 08:14 AM

Is it as effective as you'd like? What apps, programs or processes do you highly recommend?

#questionoftheweek
    #DataandTechnology
    #qotw
    #communication

• 2.  RE: How does your shelter or rescue's staff communicate?

Posted 10-29-2019 08:58 AM

We use Slack, and have found it to be very effective - and free assuming you don't have a huge number of users.

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: How does your shelter or rescue's staff communicate?

Posted 10-31-2019 08:25 AM

I love Slack so much!

#DataandTechnology

• 4.  RE: How does your shelter or rescue's staff communicate?

Posted 10-29-2019 09:15 AM

We have Google Groups that we communicate through email for the most part. Some of us communicate through text messages, Facebook messenger, or Hangouts.

#DataandTechnology

• 5.  RE: How does your shelter or rescue's staff communicate?

Posted 10-30-2019 12:17 PM

I try to keep most of my communications in email and Trello (we use Trello boards for organization). I really love Trello!!

I actually try to discourage people texting me or sending me Facebook messenger notes (outside of emergencies) because I'm prone to reading them, saying I'll address X or look up Y later... and then forgetting to reply  For email, I'm checking my email and seeing people's questions when I have time to answer things versus on the "fly" like my texts.

Creating a Google Voice number has also helped me out, because I have it set up to email me anything that comes to number (texts, missed calls, voicemails). 

#DataandTechnology