Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Shelter Manager Software

Posted 12-08-2018 09:27 AM

I am looking for help from someone with Shelter Manager experience.  This is the software my shelter uses to track intakes, fosters, and daily operations.  For background we are a physical shelter in a smaller city, we see about 1600 animals a year and are contracted with local counties for Animal Control.  We are a little bit in the past and still do much of our clerical things on paper. We still only have paper adoption applications, adoption paperwork, and volunteer signups.  I am hoping to move us towards the future by getting our applications online to start with.  We end up wasting a lot of time writing and rewriting peoples information on to different papers and in our system. 

Does anyone know how to create online forms on Animal Shelter Manager?  I have figured out how to start creating them, I'm just wondering if any one uses forms on this software, if they are useful, and if they have any helpful hints! Thank you!

#sheltersoftware
    #adoptionforms
    #DataandTechnology
    #sheltermanager
    #technology

• 2.  RE: Shelter Manager Software

Posted 12-09-2018 04:36 PM

I'm not familiar with Animal Shelter Manager software. We use PetPoint, but we still have paper adoption applications. We use Volgistics for managing our volunteer program, as well as for submitting electronic volunteer and foster care applications. It's not perfect, but is a huge help in managing volunteer shifts and hours electronically. Sorry I can't be of more help!

#DataandTechnology

• 3.  RE: Shelter Manager Software

Posted 12-15-2018 02:42 AM

Hi, online forms are really useful! You can take any kind of information from the public or from members of staff. People use them for behavioural assessments, relinquishment forms, application forms for adopters and volunteers, etc.

There are resources on how to use them in the sheltermanager manual here:

https://www.sheltermanager.com/repo/asm3_help/onlineform.html

and a guided video on YouTube here:

there should be quite a few included as example forms when you go to Edit Online Forms. If you don't see them, drop us a mail at support@sheltermanager.com and we'll add them to your database for you.

#DataandTechnology