Animal Welfare Professionals

View Only
  • 1.  Searching for experienced foster contacts

Posted 02-18-2019 01:32 PM

My husband and I recently took in a dog under rescue circumstances. After trying to care for her for a week it is clear that she needs the help of an experienced foster, and to live with another dog before she is ready to join a family.
    The rescue that pulled her from her abuse situation does not have any available fosters, and their only concern seems to be trying to teach us how to be a foster and not what's best for the welfare of the poor pup.
    I am hoping that someone might know potential experienced fosters we could reach out to for this poor sweet girl.
    She is 2 yo yellow lab mix, super sweet and submissive, but lived her whole life in a tiny cage with abuse and neglect. We are trying to find a foster that can house her with another dog and work with her to be ready to join a family.
    We know she will be a great dog and we know we aren't able to give her everything she needs to rehab from her current state. We understand our own limitations.
    We had someone bring an outgoing/friendly dog over and she just lit up, it was the first time she engaged and stood up and left her kennel.
    Please help us connect to a foster, we just simply don't have what she needs and we want what is best for her. We are doing the best we can, but her happiness and welfare is our main concern.
    I think we would love to have this girl join our family once she's had some rehab, but we are also prepared for the possibility that she may be a better fit elsewhere.

#neglectcase
    #needsadogcompanion
    #FosteringaPet

• 2.  RE: Searching for experienced foster contacts

Posted 02-18-2019 02:12 PM

Forgot to mention we are in the pacific northwest area

#FosteringaPet

• 3.  RE: Searching for experienced foster contacts

Posted 02-19-2019 02:49 PM

If you are located anywhere near Central Washington State, there is an organization called Ridge Dogs that pairs rescue dogs with inmates at Coyote Ridge Correctional Center in Connell, WA.  This particular pooch may benefit from such a program.  Here is a link to their Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ridge-Dogs-219301358080610/about/?ref=page_internal

#FosteringaPet